Friday, August 5, 2011

If Only Things Would Have Been Different....

Well, today I received in the mail an invitation to take some honor classes at my school. I scored high enough on my placement test that I have been chosen to take these classes.

Of course they are not offered at the 2 campuses nearest me. :( With my lousy vehicle and extremely limited hours in which my son will be in school (3 hours a day) this will not work. But nonetheless I am extremely proud of myself.


I grew up with a mother who constantly told me I would never amount to anything and no matter how many times I showed her awards I had won at school or my report cards (only times I got bad grades was for gym class everything else A and B's) she just said "so?". I really feel if I would have had a slightly normal family my life would have been way different than the many struggles I have endured in my years. This letter makes me both happy and sad. I see what could have been if only I had a caring family and not the family from hell.

So if anyone out there is reading this and you too have had a very unloving childhood just remember you are not alone. There are others like you out there. Just try to keep your chin up. I know it is hard but you have to. Even if it is just to spite them. :)

No comments: