Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Dreaded Store

If you have read my blog then you more than likely know that I hate Walgreens. I have just found that the majority of the managers and employees at the ones around me (which is a lot of stores) are rude and have no clue about coupons (as in they don't understand that they get reimbursed for them and instead act and treat you like you are stealing from them). They also seem to not even know how their own coupons work nor how Register Rewards work (says so right on the back of them). I have had way too many issues with Walgreens and there is one store in particular that I will not shop at no matter what. This is after even emailing Corporate and getting a response back from the Manager of the store. Let's just say that Manager and his employees need to be retrained and/or fired. Yep, they are that bad.

So I now only shop at the dreaded Wags if there is an absolutely amazing deal that is way too good to pass up.


Here is one of those instances: Wags currently has a Back to School coupon booklet (see previous post for a picture of the booklet and coupons) which just happens to have an amazing coupon in it. A $2 off of Huggies wipes 64ct and up. Which means you can pair it with that 50 cents off coupon that was in the paper not that long ago.


Today's Trip

10 Various tubs of Huggies Wipes (this deal works best with the tubs then the refills) @ $3.29 ea = $32.90 minus (10) 50 cents off coupons ($5) = $27.90 minus Walgreens $2 off Huggies coupon ($20) = $7.90

Scotch Tape 3pks BOGO $3.99 (found some with a free bonus roll of tape) minus (2) $1 off coupons = $1.99 for (2) 4pks

4 Various Walgreens Baggies (been waiting for a half way decent deal on these) @ .99 cents ea = $3.96

Ratatouille DVD 75% off $5.74 (regularly $22.99)

S.O.S. DVD 75% off (good movie but rather adultish) $3.24 (regularly $9.99)I was overcharged for this by 75 cents did not notice till I got home and 75 cents isn't worth driving back for in my book

Elmos Says Boo DVD 75 off $2.49 (regularly $9.99)

Little Eisteins Dominoes 50% off $3.49 (regularly $6.99)


Total before any coupons,taxes,discounts and sales = $94.80

Total after sales and discounts = $55.81

Coupons I used :
$5 RR
$5 in Huggies coupons (10 - 50 cents off ea pack)
$20 Walgreens Huggies coupon ($2 off ea pack)
$2 Scotch Tape (2 - $1 off ea pack)


Total after all coupons and taxes = $27.72

(more than I like to spend but seriously look at the savings!!!) I have one gift for Halloween for my son and two gifts for Xmas for my son and a whole bunch of wipes! The wipes containers when finished I will give to my son's preschool which they can use the empty ones.

I have now gotten a total of 22 packs of wipes from 3 different stores using the Huggies coupons from the paper and the Wags booklet. I have been waiting forever for a good deal on wipes and finally there was one! Works best if you do have some RR's though. I had 2 $10 RR's from last week so they helped with the costs of the other wipes. I left plenty on the shelves for others like I always do. :)

FYI- Walgreens has the refill packs for sale for $6.99 and have the tubs for $3.29 (though it seems like other areas have them for $2.79).







No comments: