Thursday, November 19, 2009

Did you bottle feed or breast feed?

Which did you do? And did you get grief from other mothers because of which one you chose? It seems like no matter which you choose to do someone out there will give you a hard time for your choice.

I chose to bottle feed for a few different reasons:

I take medication (life or death) and it could possibly be secreted in my breast milk (didn't want to take the chance)

I had to go to work right away after having my son (not by choice believe me)

The convenience of it (as in I don't have to be the one to feed my child - which yes, I know you can pump and put it in a bottle)

I got a lot of grief from other mothers who breast fed. I personally feel that it is a personal choice and which choice is correct is up to your individual situation. But it doesn't seem like too many others feel this way. I really believe we as mothers should stick together and support each other and not alienate each other.

I mean there are pros and cons to each. I knew a mother who breastfed who could only breast feed her daughter flat out refused to drink her breast milk out of a bottle. I saw my friend never really have any time to go do something without her daughter because of this. She also had clogged milk ducts which ended up being very painful for her. I had another friend who had no problems at all with breast feeding. So it just goes to show that you need to do what is best for your personal situation. You shouldn't feel guilty for whichever you choose. Just be a good mom!!! :)

See my side widget for a little video about the whole breast/bottle feeding ordeal. Also you can order some pretty customized Christmas Cards from Paper Culture.

No comments: