Friday, November 6, 2009

Walgreens

I really hate shopping there. Each time I go I wonder what will be the outcome. Will it go good or will it go bad. What crazy thing will I be told this time. Does this sound familiar to you? I have read so many posts online about how disappointing people's shopping trips to Walgreens have been. Calling Corporate doesn't seem to help either.

Don't get me wrong I have some very good shopping trips there but I am always nervous when I shop there. They really do make you feel like a criminal for using coupons.



Today I went to buy 2 Sense and Sprays which were on sale for $4.99 each. When I walked in I grabbed one of their November coupon books and saw that they had a $1 off the purchase of 2 Glade products. I thought cool!! I will get a total of $9 off with my 2 $4 off coupons and that one. So I picked up 2 and also got a filler (even though I knew I did not need one since the 3rd coupon was a Walgreens coupon)but I do this just so they can't say something about # of coupons and items.

I give the girl my coupons with the Wags one underneath. She scans that one first and it only took off .50 cents. Then she proceeded to scan the other two and then she gave me my total. I told her but it only took off .50 cents. She tells me "we aren't even supposed to take these coupons" (meaning the Wags one) so I say but they are yours. She then tells me that they don't even have the books out because they are messed up. I explain to her they are right out with the ads in the display. She then tells me she can't adjust the coupon (funny that I have seen them do it numerous times). I didn't feel like having a manager come over and tell me the same story so I let it go. But still it gets so old. They make up new rules and have different stories every day. And each store is different. It drives me crazy.

I just wanted those so at Thanksgiving my mother's house does not smell like dog! lol

No comments: