Friday, April 22, 2011

Trying to Cut My Spending As Much As Possible

With gas almost $4 a gallon I need to find ways to pay for it. Our income has also gone down $384 a month!!!! That is a huge amount (at least to me it is). I am trying to cut my spending as much as possible. I truthfully do not spend much money a month so it will be hard to truly save much. I generally buy most of my items with either ECBs or RRs so to save actual cash I am going to have to figure something out!




Things I will not have to buy for a while are as follows:

toothpaste
toothbrushes
deodorant
shampoo
conditioner
hairdye
dishsoap
laundry detergent
toilet paper*
paper towels*

makeup
facial cleansers
bar soap*
dental floss
body wash
razors
excedrin etc.
mouthwash
tampons
pads
liners*

*things that if I find cheap enough will still buy even if I don't currently need


Things I can and need to still stock up on:

Lysol spray
Q-tips
?


We don't eat out, get takeout or go to the movies. I barely buy clothes for myself - generally once or twice a year if that and each piece is less than $10. My son's clothes all cost less than $6 each piece (including shoes) generally less than that. We do not have cable. We don't eat lunch out, don't buy coffee or drinks/snacks when out and about. Don't have car payments and credit cards are either paid off or very close. So not too sure what we can actually cut back on to help with the increasing cost of gas, electric and food costs.

No comments: