Sunday, September 19, 2010

Slow Cooker Sunday

Slow Cooker Sunday sounds better than Crockpot Sunday, right? Even though I call it a crockpot.

Today I am attempting to make a sort of Apple Crisp. I am writing this as it is cooking. I hope that it turns out well. I haven't had Apple Crisp probably since I was in 8th grade and a friend of mine used to make it all the time. Yep, it's been that long. I don't recall myself ever making it nor anyone else in my family. Have no clue why. I always thought it was rather tasty.


The ingredients:
apples (I am using the precut kind since my son declared he no longer wanted them in his lunch)
cinnamon (not pictured)
brown sugar (Rolling Stones anyone?)
butter/ margarine (again not pictured and mine says buy before May 2010 yep, we never use margarine or butter ever apparently) it wasn't opened so that is why I used it
oatmeal (I used 2 packets of the plain)
vanilla (just a tad)
I was going to also add flour but again mine was super old (not opened though) but I decided to not bother
honey (not pictured)




As you can tell I am just using what I have on hand and seeing what happens. I am starting it out on high and then will more than likely put it on low.

I buttered the bottom and sides of the crockpot and then added the apples. Cinnamon on top and then brown sugar, vanilla and oats. Then I added some honey on top.


Almost done:


My son's portion in his Spiderman bowl or as he says ciderman:




This turned out yummy but nothing like Apple Crisp. My son really liked it (of course any child likes sweets right?). He probably liked it more than most since he gets sweets maybe once a month if even that much (yes, I'm kind of strict). I definitely think this would be good warm with vanilla ice cream on top. But of course I have the smallest freezer known to man so ice cream is never in there.

No comments: