Sunday, October 3, 2010

Slow Cooker Sunday - Mac and Cheese

O.k. so I decided to make mac and cheese for my son in the crockpot.

The ingredients : uncooked pasta, cheese, milk and butter. Oh yeah don't forget the salt!!! I did at first and did not add it till the end. You never realize how much of a difference it makes to cook pasta with salt until that one time you don't add it. Yuck! I totally took a photo of the ingredients and guess what? It wasn't on my camera. Seriously, I took one!


I used 2 different leftover pastas, some leftover block cheddar and shredded mozzarella (why not?), smart balance spread and milk. I also used Pam on the inside of the crockpot so it would not stick and be a pain in my butt to clean. Cleanup was a breeze!
I also believe it or not took a photo of the ingredients not cooked in the crockpot. Yep, that one disappeared too. I did get my new camera but it is still in the box.

It turned out o.k. but I prefer sharp cheddar and I like green peppers in my mac -n- cheese. I had mild cheddar and also the mozzarella gave it a unique taste. My son liked it a lot so that is really only what matters. I will definitely make it with sharp cheddar and green peppers next time.






No comments: